GOODLAND is hiring.
The following foundational positions are available. Please send your expression of interest to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Though we appreciate all inquiries, only suited applicants may receive a reply.
We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Junior Product Designer
This is an exciting immersive role linked to long term product development, design for manufacturing, sourcing and day-to-day operations of sister companies Union Wood Co and GOODLAND. This role is equal parts challenging, engaging and rewarding as we work as a team to develop new ideas and bring unique products over the finish line. See your ideas come to life with our talented team of craftspeople. This is not a hands-on woodworking position and hands-on experience is not required. Many backgrounds may be suitable for this but applicants must feed off creativity and enjoy a deep dive into projects. Experience designing with solid wood, veneer, sheet materials, steel, sheet metal and their processes is required. Experience in graphic design is also required. Please share your personal design inspirations, experience and anything creative you have worked on to help us learn about you!
- Must be available to work in-person in Vancouver, BC
- Develop and source for ongoing projects
- Source and communicate with new and existing vendors
- Develop and execute graphic assets based on brand guidelines
- Create technical shop drawings with the assistance of our skilled team
- Candidate must possess a reasonable knowledge of the raw materials, components and hardware available for construction of furniture
- Work as a team to develop design concepts
- Must be competent in various design programs (Adobe and CAD) and files and own a computer
- Must be very detail oriented, focus, flexible and goal oriented
- Strong computer and communication skills are a must
- Compensation based on related experience
Are you a passionate person with an interest in brand development, community engagement and connecting with nature?
We're seeking a talented creator to work alongside our marketing and design team to create content for social media with our products. Experiences, experiments, personality, bring your creative approach to our brand. Please share your personal inspirations, experience, social media channels and anything creative you have worked on to help us learn about you! Role details below.
- Must have a passion for connection and experiences amongst nature
- Brainstorming creative video content ideas and strategies
- Must have ability to maintain brand image and style
- Organize, produce, schedule, set up shot lists, and coordinating with the respective team to execute content
- Show us how you achieve the art of pause
- Must have a passion for cooking and culinary arts
- Must have a passion and experience cooking with wood fire
- Flexible hours
- Must have a living arrangement that allows for product use
- Must excel at creating engaging social media content (images, reels, stories, etc)
- Must be highly creative and adaptable
Sales Manager (Remote)
We are seeking an experienced Sales Manager focused on lead generation, cultivating new partnerships and maintaining existing relationships within the design community and driving incremental activity into the business. Role details below:
- Have a strong capacity to learn and understand the products
- Generate leads in new and existing market and retail segments
- Cultivate new relationships with prospective clients and maintain existing relationships with retail clients
- Develop sales and penetration strategies
- Sales monitoring, analysis and reporting on sales activities
- Must have Sales Experience (3-5 years)
- Have experience working within the design community
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Excellent computer skills in Slack, Email, Google Workspace
- Experience with Shopify is an asset
- Second language is an asset
- Flexible hours
- Daytime (PST) hours will be required for sales and strategy meetings